Root Canal in Canal Winchester, OH
If you need a root canal, come to Dr. Wayne A. Zipperlen DDS in Canal Winchester, OH. We’ve improved the overall dental health of patients throughout Canal Winchester, Lancaster, Circleville, Ashville, Pickerington, Groveport, Lithopolis, Obetz and the surrounding cities for over 38 years. Your smile is our highest priority, so we take extra special care in repairing your damaged teeth so you can have a healthy smile.
Why should I get a root canal?
A root canal may be needed if the tooth is severely decayed, fractured or injured. Having Root Canal treatment can help to save a tooth and is a good alternative to prevent the need for extraction. Root canal treatment can also prevent larger complications down the road, such as an infection from accidental abscess which may cause extreme pain.
How do I know I need a root canal?
If you have the following symptoms, please schedule an appointment with Dr. Zipperlen immediately:
- Gum Inflammation and tenderness
- Sensitivity to hot and cold foods
- Tenderness when chewing and biting
- Tooth discoloration
- Unexplained pain in the nearby lymph nodes
- Abscess on the gums
Note: In some cases you may not notice any symptoms, so it’s important to schedule a regular check-up with your dentist.
What are some things you should know about Root Canal Therapy?
- Root Canals can be performed by either a dentist or an Endodontist (a root canal specialist)
- Root Canals usually require several visit to complete
- A local anesthetic is administered to numb the affected area
- A dental dam is placed to isolate the areas; maintaining a dry, clean area
- A small opening is made to gain access to the pulp
- Once the affected nerve, bacteria and decay is removed, the area is filled with special medicated dental materials including gutta-percha, a biocompatible rubber-like material which helps restore the tooth to its full function
- Following root canal treatment, a temporary will be placed. It is necessary to follow up with your dentist to have a permanent restoration completed
- Root Canal Treatment is highly successful and usually last a lifetime, although on occasion, a tooth will have to be retreated due to new infections.
Why should I schedule a root canal with Dr. Wayne A. Zipperlen DDS?
- Dr. Wayne Zipperlen has over 38 years of experience in treating tooth decay and injuries
- We are committed to taking any measures necessary to make sure you remain calm and comfortable during the procedure, including answering any questions you might have, administer a local anesthetic and anything else to ensure your experience is positive